Sunday, March 1, 2009

HIIIYYAAAA!!

I am having WAY too much fun with these kung fu-looking pants my grandma gave me for my birthday. I tied my hair up in a bun and have found a fake ninja sword to wield. I must say, it's pret-ty sweet!



Speaking of birthday, I celebrated it for the fourth time last night, this time with my mom's side of the family. It was...interesting, emotional, and sometimes awkward. I broke the news about my change of major. Let's just say that I never thought I would hear my grandpa and uncle tell me that I "intimidate" them. I honestly don't mean to, but I just get so passionate. Plus, I had to speak loudly enough for Grandpa's hearing aide.
But overall, I feel so blessed to have a family of Christian believers, who are so encouraging in my walk with the Lord. The night could have gone much worse.

Oh, and after watching Anne of Green Gables after several years, I had forgotten how much I love it. I see myself a lot in Anne's passionate, impulsive, literature-loving, and imaginative spirit. Hey! Maybe then I'll end up with someone like Gilbert Blythe, too. :] One can only dream...



Today's Addition to the Happy List:
155. My kung-fu pants
156. Anne of Green Gables

3 comments:

  1. I love the look that Anne is giving Gilbert in this shot. It's so you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma's usually give the best presents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, those are some amazing ninja pants! And the fact that you are a lot like Anne, is even more reason that your new major is so fitting :D.

    ReplyDelete