Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Naive...

"Am I naive to want a remedy for every bitter heart?
Can I believe You hold an exclamation point for every question mark?
And can I leave the timing of this universe in bigger Hands?
And may I be so bold to ask You to please hurry?"

- "Naive" by Chris Rice

Often I just want to throw my hands up and say, "God, I really don't know." And as a human wanting certainty and control, I become frustrated that I don't know all the answers. But I think that's an important thing to acknowledge: I - imperfect, fallible, and prone to error - do not know it all. It is only when we seek our All-Knowing God that all will be revealed, but even then, it's in His time, not ours. But I think it's in this humbleness that we thirst for and seek our Father more, relying on Him, rather than our own limited wisdom. Faith kicks in. As we search for truth, it is important to constantly refer to The Truth revealed in God's word. We can think and ponder and speculate all we want, and end up with nothing. Why? Because God's wisdom is more profound and vast than anything we could ever imagine. And we must trust that ultimately, He knows what He's doing, even when I don't.

It makes me wonder about the futility of it all. In an eternal perspective, what will actually matter? As humans, do we complicate matters in a futile attempt to grasp it all? I often wondered what exactly I would ask God when I get to heaven. But then, I wonder, will it even matter? Will I even care? Or will I be too busy rejoicing in His presence?

All I can say is that I am thankful to be under the authority of our Savior, who I can rely on completely and utterly for the right answers and the best direction. Thankfully I have given my life to the Lord, whose wisdom and knowledge greatly surpasses our understanding. While I stumble in darkness, completely unaware of what's around or what lies ahead, thank God that He provides the guiding light.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

...I'm sorry this rambling sounds Ecclesiastes-like. Haha.




Happy List Additions:
- Midnight chats in church parking lots
- Divine Providence

4 comments:

  1. It's great to have a Lord and Saviour named Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a lot of time on my hands tonight. can't sleep/ don't want to. gonna have a one-person communication thing :P or wait, still two :) cool.

    i just read Ecclesiastes a couple of days ago. for a guy with depressing thoughts, it's pretty wonderful that he is able to encourage. i love how that can exemplify God's spiritual strength in us.

    ReplyDelete