Monday, June 6, 2011

Being Weakly Strong


"I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice?"
- C.S. Lewis
In my unknowingness and uncertainty, my faith is made stronger. The questions of "when," "why," or "how" are replaced with the question of just how much I trust Him. Though the world may equate this with foolishness or weakness, I boast in my weakness and all that I do not know. At the end of time, I will not be asked what I know, but rather Who I know - intimately, completely, and personally. & It is that which makes all the difference.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Father, may I always find contentedness in who You are and Your all-sufficiency.
Though I may not know it all or have it all, what I do know is who You are and what You have done for me - and that is more than enough. All that You have graciously given is more than I deserve.
You are more than enough.

May my weakness be a lens that magnifies just how strong You are and how strongly You are at work in me.
I praise You, from whom all blessings flow and in whom all answers are encapsulated.

1 comment:

  1. Sis... I always wondered why this comment box gives me such a difficult time. Hopefully this posts for the umpteenth time:

    Love your style of writing, sis! It's always very moving and hits so close to home. You are definitely a beautiful writer. Thanks for your constant encouragement and love. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete